Is the data secure?
- TBINV uses Microsoft Access user level security as described on microsoft.com.
- Each record is timestamped with the user's network userid and time when updated.
- There are two user levels; user and super. You can set the screen color to see which level is logged in more easily.
Reports, form fields and buttons can be restricted to allow access only by the super user. The database may
immediately quit after opening the first time after a programmer has made a change in the application.
This is to reset essential properties for users. You should be able to login successfully on the
- The back-end data tables are encrypted and protected with the same security. Users
cannot access the tables except through the data entry forms and reports.
- Data queries for most reports can be saved as .CSV or .XLS files for Excel. The Super user
can also import to most tables. View each table before importing it.
- Make backups at least daily. Store a copy offsite periodically.
- Only allow trusted users validated with a Windows account password to have access to the folder where
the application resides.